CLASSIFIED: TERMINUS - Session 0

Well! That didn't take long, how about that? I decided that the first solo game I'll run for myself will be Classified, from Expeditious Retreat Press. If you're not already aware, Classified is
a retro-clone of the 1980’s role-playing game about the world’s most-famous spy.
That's what the publisher has to call it. You and I can call it "a retro-clone of James Bond 007". Because who else is the world's most famous spy?!




Nope. Those are the world's two most famous spies, and their somewhat obscure co-star.

I've had the rules for a few years, and have always meant to take 'em out for a spin. Now's a good time, eh?

I'll also be using Word Mill Games' Mythic Game Master Emulator, which I like a lot and understand well enough for this tomfoolery.


Who's This Game Gonna Be About?


Meet Jamie Spectra.



Jamie's a character I made like a year and a half ago, and totally forgot about. See that cool character sheet thing? That's straight out of a spreadsheet that I made, which calculates point costs and blah blah blah. The picture, that's an unknown model from, I believe, the first issue of Elle magazine, so ca. 1985 or something.

Anyhoo, in the game, I'm thinking that Jamie here is an agent of Level 5, a multinational intelligence, counterespionage, and anti-terrorist organization that protects the world from megalomaniacal villains with lasers and viruses and stuff. Basically: L5 agents do crazy James Bond shit and save the world. If I need more details during the game, I'll handle it then.


What's the premise of the game?


L5 Agent Jamie Spectra does crazy James Bond shit and saves the world.

Figure she'll get a mission and carry it out. I'll follow (however loosely) the structure of a Bond flick, and embellish however the hell I see fit. I don't have any specifics yet, but I'll come up with some later.

What's with the title?

You know...I looked for a random James Bond title generator, and I found exactly that -- but the titles tend towards the silly, and somehow The Man With A Licensed Train and MissionTits (real results, I swear) just...didn't...no. So I actively didn't think about it for a while, and then when I did, I thought, "Terminal...something. Velocity. NO! More Bond-y sounding.

"TERMINUS."

Done.

Does the game have a theme song? 

It does have a theme song! And it is this:


...so the game probably takes place in 1985, because of course it does, this is my blog, are you new here?

If you are new here, hi, I'm Dr Rotwang!. I am all 80s, all the time.


So when are you gonna start, Doc?


What, the game? Oh, probably tomorrow at lunch. I'll post updates as I go. Hang loose.


Comments