What The Actual Monkey, Doc!?

Hey, gang! It's me, Dr Rotwang!. You may remember me from such popular, trend-setting blogs as my old gaming blog, I Waste The Buddha With My Crossbow. I haven't updated that one in like forever, because I just...didn't...didn't. Yeah, okay, who cares. New blog now. NEW BLOG NOW!

So! Dicing With Myself. Not only is it an extremely clever reference to a Billy Idol jam, it's a description of what this blog is about:


SOLO GAMING.

I actually do a lot of group gaming these days -- probably now more than I ever did! I run two groups, just joined another at my FLGS, and I'm often dropping in on other people's games (by invitation, man, I don't crash). So it's not like I'm hurtin' or nothin'. No no no, I just wanna do some solo gaming now and then, because I like it. I like seeing what happens when I just sit around and make stuff up with dice and such. It's fun! Plus, it keeps me off the streets. 

What I'll do with this one, is I will do this: I will (try to) play out several sessions of a solo game, post the results, and see who likes it. There might be A Brief Digression now and then, where I talk about something else, but I'll keep those to a minimum. Mostly, it's gonna be solo gaming stuff. 

HOW? 

I'll pick a game system out of the many available to me, based on my whim (but I'll stick with one per game). I'll use whatever other resources for random stuff generation that I feel like. Mostly, though, I'll be using the Mythic Gamemaster Emulator. If you are not quite familiar with how that works, go watch this video, which not only gives you an overview but was also my inspiration for starting this project:



[Also, I'm gonna jack around with this blog template, 'cause I'm not 100% in love with it.]

Okay, soooooooo....yeah, that's it for now. Hang tight. Once I choose my first game, I'll let ya know.

Dig?

Comments